The Pan-African Network of Artistic Freedom (PANAF) is currently seeking experienced writers to create comprehensive overview articles shedding light on the gender disparities prevalent within the cultural sectors of Uganda, The Gambia, Mozambique, and Ethiopia.
This assignment is being commissioned by Selam. Successful candidates will be tasked with researching and writing overview articles ranging from 800 to 1,000 words. These articles should offer insightful analysis, be grounded in data-driven evidence, and propose actionable recommendations aimed at addressing these disparities and promoting gender parity within the artistic domain.
A style guide will be provided, and the texts are expected to adhere to strict guidelines. Writers should use clear and simple language to frame the narrative in a way that is accessible to all, while avoiding the inclusion of personal opinions.
The commissioned writer will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews to gain an understanding of the unique challenges and barriers faced by women artists in Uganda, The Gambia, Mozambique, and Ethiopia within the cultural sector.
- Analyse the research findings from the PANAF report on artistic freedom to provide context for the extent of gender disparities and stereotypes.
- Engage with PANAF partners and relevant stakeholders to obtain a holistic understanding of the subject matter.
- Create a comprehensive overview article presenting a clear narrative supported by evidence and examples to address the identified challenges.
- Offer actionable recommendations for promoting gender equality, fair employment, just compensation, leadership opportunities, and sectoral support.
The application deadline is 22 September 2023.
For more information, please download the Terms of Reference HERE.